Breaking the traditional editorial approach, author Rick Bleiweiss reveals how his next book: ‘Pignon Scorbion & The Barbershop Detectives’ (now available for pre-order) will be released on February 8, 2022, using a disruptive transmedia storytelling approach he developed with Blackstone. Publication.
NEW YORK, January 25, 2022 /PRNewswire-PRWeb/ — Author, Publishing Executive and Former Music Industry Executive Rick Bleiweiss announces the upcoming release of his first novel, “Pignon Scorbion & The Barbershop Detectives” (Blackstone Publishing, February 8, 2022, hardcover, ebook, and audiobook) will use an innovative transmedia storytelling approach. While Hollywood blockbusters (“Harry Potter“, “Star Wars”) have been marketing movie franchises this way for decades, Bleiweiss’ disruptive publishing approach is rare for authors. Fans will be able to engage in their historical mystery novel through a book, an app hidden object game, a theme song, book trailer, merchandising, custom graphics, author logo, and author interview podcast series, developed in conjunction with Blackstone.
“Just like I helped build mega brands for music superstars, including the Backstreet Boys, Melissa Etheridge, and Kiss, I designed this innovative author marketing platform with Blackstone Publishing to help my first crime novel connect emotionally with millions of fans much faster than most traditional book launches,” explains Bleiweiss.
fans of Sherlock Holmes (Conan Doyle) Y Hercule Poirot (Christie Agatha) will love the main character, Chief Inspector Pignon Scorbion, and the cast of amateur detectives who help him solve the book’s crimes, from a barbershop.
For this first historical fiction mystery in a series set in 1910 in the “Downton Abbey” era. England Set in a fictional town called Haxford, Bleiweiss and Blackstone attract fans through multiple delivery channels, including:
1. Historical Fiction Mystery Novel: Readers and listeners can be entertained by this mystery novel in multiple formats, including hardcover, e-book, and audiobook, which can be pre-ordered now at Amazon, Barnes & Noble, Target, Walmart, and Bookshop .org as well as through independent booksellers and others.
2. Pignon Scorbion Game App: This hidden object game app based on the book is available for free on both Apple app store and the Google Play app store. The game includes 6 levels where users search for items that are items from this crime mystery novel. Once a user reaches level 5, they must enter an unlock code found in the book to continue.
3. Book Trailer: A one-minute book trailer has been produced and is now being posted on YouTube by the author and Blackstone Publishing to engage readers and fans with the backstory behind this mystery novel.
4. Theme Music: As a former music producer and performer, Bleiweiss wrote and recorded a theme song to set a suspenseful tone and mood for the character and the book. Fans can listen to the song in the book trailer video, audiobook, and on the author’s website.
5. Merchandise: Fans can purchase “Pignon Scorbion & The Barbershop Detectives” t-shirts, the first merch item to be available. Dog shirts and more items will be added as the book and series evolve.
6. Author Logo: To stand out as a unique brand in tune with its “Pignon Scorbion” series, Bleiweiss launched a custom author logo featuring his initials and the silhouette of a hat – his signature look. It can be seen on the author’s website.
7. Chapters and Verses Video Series: Bleiweiss is interviewing many of the top authors and industry professionals in a new YouTube video series called Rick Bleiweiss Chapter and verse. Guests from the publishing, television and film industries share anecdotes and career success secrets behind the story, as well as tips for aspiring authors.
And as a publishing executive at Blackstone, Bleiweiss acquired the catalogs of such acclaimed authors as james carnation (“Shogun”), gregory mcdonald (“Fletch”), and Gabriel Garcia Marquez, as well as books by many best-selling authors, including catherine coulter, Heather Graham, PC Cast and Rex Pickett. Most of these latter authors are interviewed in their Chapter and Verse video series which adds to their overall multimedia experience and author branding.
Additionally, Bleiweiss will be seventy-seven years old when “Pignon Scorbion & The Barbershop Detectives” opens, and she hopes her pioneering approach to publishing and storytelling will inspire others to never stop chasing their dreams.
“Pignon Scorbion and the Barbershop Detectives”
BARNES AND NOBLE
dot ORG BOOKSTORE
liz kelly, 310-987-7207
ABOUT: Rick Bleiweiss (New York, New York, Y Ashland, Oregon) is a GRAMMY-nominated author, publishing executive, former music industry executive, and record producer, who is releasing his first novel, “Pignon Scorbion & The Barbershop Detectives” (February 8, 2022). Bleiweiss began his career in music as a rock performer, producer of more than fifty records, songwriter, and top record company executive in New York. Bleiweiss worked with music industry legends, including clive davis, Melissa Etheridge, the Backstreet Boys, kiss, U2, whitney houston, the BeeGees and many others. Since 2006 as a publishing executive, Bleiweiss has acquired works by best-selling and award-winning authors, including Rex Pickett (“Oblique”), james carnation (“Shogun”), PC Cast (“The House of Night”), Gabriel García Márquez (Nobel Prize for Literature 1982), Leon Uris (“Exodus”), Natasha Boyd (“The Indigo Girl”), Andrews & Wilson (“Level One”) and Nicholas Sansbury Smith (“Hell Divers”), among others. In his latest creative endeavor, Rick has created the “Pignon Scorbion” historical mystery series, blending his love of the past with the twisted delight of a whodunit. As a fun fact, the author created the first “Your Name in Broadway Lights” promotion in Times Square, and was most influenced by his travels to England when developing your Sherlock Holmes-type of character and book series “Pignon Scorbion”. For the latest news, follow @rickbleiweissauthor on Instagram and/or visit https://www.rickbleiweiss.com
Liz Kelly, public relations Rick Bleiweiss, 310-987-7207, firstname.lastname@example.org
FOUNTAIN Rick Bleiweiss