The Indiana Free Library offers a list of free programs for the week beginning Monday.
• 10 a.m. to 11 a.m., Baby Book. This program introduces your baby, from birth to 24 months, to the sounds of language and music through stories, songs and simple rhymes. Book Babies will be held in the Story Room in the Children’s Department.
Due to COVID restrictions at the library, we must, at this time, apply for registration and limit the program to 10 children and 10 adults. We must also ask that people over the age of 3 wear masks so that we can provide a safe space for everyone.
Please only register one adult per child(ren) so that we can allow as many children as possible to attend the program. No walk-ins will be allowed to participate in the program at this time. You can use the Register Now button on the Events Calendar page on our website www.indianafreelibrary.org for the date you would like to attend.
You will receive a confirmation of your reservation before the program.
• 7 to 8 pm, The House of Crafts. Join us twice a week in the Children’s Department craft area for fun and easy arts and crafts projects for kids ages 6-12. Participants will learn about the many types of arts and crafts while working on some projects. Participants will also learn a bit about the great artists who lived and are still with us. Most of the materials can be found at home or inexpensively at the dollar store. As always, the program is free and open to the public. Registration is required through our website www.indianafreelibrary.org as space is limited.
• Hoopla Digital is available for free today with your library card.
• 11 am to noon, True Story Book Club, “The Answer Is…: Reflections on My Life”. by Alex Trebeck. True Story Book Club meets the second Tuesday of every month at 11am on Zoom. The group reads and discusses many different topics and problems from many countries around the world. For a Zoom invite, email Val at: email@example.com. Hard copies of all titles can be checked out using the GrabNGo service.
• 1:00 p.m. to 2:00 p.m., Story in the Chicken Coop. Chicken Coop Story Time is a library program for children ages 2-6 that takes place on Tuesdays in the library’s story room and craft area at 1 p.m. . We’ll read a story together, maybe a new one, and then work on an easy but fun craft with all the materials provided.
Due to COVID-19 restrictions at the library, staff must, at this time, request registration and limit the program to the first 10 children and 10 adults. Anyone over the age of 3 must wear masks to provide a safe space for everyone.
Only register one adult per child(ren) to allow as many children as possible to attend the program. No walk-ins will be allowed to participate in the program at this time.
You can use the Register Now button on the Events Calendar page of the website at www.indianafreelibrary.org for the date you would like to attend. Participants will receive a confirmation of their reservation prior to the day of the program.
• 12:00 to 1:00 p.m., Tasters Club. Do you like to cook and share recipes? Do you want to try something new from time to time? Well, the IFL Taster’s Club is for you! The club will meet every first Wednesday of the month at noon to share a culinary experience with other members.
A cookbook will be chosen from the library’s collection and members will have the opportunity to choose a recipe from the book, make the dish at home, and bring it to the library to share with others on the first Wednesday of each month. Participants can also share tips for preparing the dish, substitutions, and their critique of the recipe.
The club meets in the community room on the second floor.
• 10:30-11:30 am Cruise to Kindergarten, ages 3-5 (preschoolers or just starting kindergarten), story room and craft area.
There will be 16 programs on Wednesday mornings that include easy lesson activity cards that will allow you and your child to “talk, sing, read, write and play to learn.” Registration is required for this weekly event and a parent or guardian must attend.
• 7 to 8 pm, Indiana Free Library Board of Directors meeting. Members of the public are welcome. Public comments take place at the beginning of the meeting. Find the agenda here: https://indianafreelibrary.org/who-we-are/board.html.
• 3 pm, Ladies TV episode. Library staff are pleased to be able to offer this new digital service. Checkers TV is a weekly edutainment show featuring Checkers the Inventor, his robot sidekick Snoozer, and a variety of special guests including medical professionals, community leaders, police and firefighters, and other special guests in highly produced 30-minute episodes.
Each weekly episode also includes story segments, author interviews, art projects, science experiments, interactive games, quizzes, comedy, magic and exciting short films that will have kids on the edge of their seats. Episodes will be posted directly to the IFL Facebook page and website every Thursday around 3pm
1:00 p.m. to 2:00 p.m., The House of Crafts. Join us in the Children’s Department craft area for fun and easy arts and crafts projects for kids ages 6-12. Participants will learn about the many types of arts and crafts while working on some projects. Participants will also learn a bit about the great artists who lived and are still with us.
Most of the materials can be found at home or inexpensively at the dollar store. As always, the program is free and open to the public. Registration is required through our website www.indianafreelibrary.org as space is limited.
The Indiana Free Library is proud to offer patrons the new Hoopla Digital streaming service.
With Hoopla Digital, launching for the library on Tuesday, patrons can now instantly read, watch and listen to their choice of more than 1,000,000 titles for free with a library card.
Content can be streamed from any computer or mobile device by downloading the Hoopla Digital app for iOS and Android.
Hoopla has pioneered a unique model that allows users to instantly borrow content from anywhere.
Its platform integrates multiple media formats into a single intuitive user experience.
The collection includes popular entertainment and educational content such as hit TV series, newly released music, best-selling audiobooks and e-books, and much more. Hoopla Digital is a category creation service that partners with public libraries in North America, Australia, and New Zealand to provide online and mobile access to thousands of movies, TV shows, music albums, eBooks, audiobooks, and comics. .
With Hoopla Digital, patrons can instantly borrow, stream and download dynamic content with a valid library card. All content can be accessed through the Hoopla Digital mobile app and online at hoopladigital.com, all free with a library card.