Hey people of Oceanside-Camp Pendleton! It’s Super Bowl Sunday and we’ve got all the news to get you caught up and on your way.
First, today’s weather:
Mostly sunny and warm. High: 77 Low: 41.
If you’re a marketer or business owner interested in easy and effective advertising that reaches customers in Oceanside-Camp Pendleton, we’d love to talk to you. Click here to learn more.
Here are the top five stories in Oceanside-Camp Pendleton today:
- If you are looking for the positive side of newsthe Patch is here to help with this collection of Southern California stories we hope you will enjoy. desde Super Bowl Madness to Shaun White’s retirement message and Fido Fest returns. (San DiegoPatch)
- Oceanside Police arrested a man after he allegedly stabbed and wounded a family member and another person Friday afternoon, authorities said. The suspect, a man in his 20s, allegedly stabbed his family member, a woman in her 50s, at least six times, Oceanside police Lt. Marco Mendoza said. Paramedics airlifted the woman to a San Diego hospital, but her condition was not immediately known. (The San Diego Union-Tribune)
- The Oceanside Chamber of Commerce will host its monthly Rising Star student recognition program breakfast on Tuesday at the El Camino Country Club. “The Chamber is doing these Rising Star programs. I’m so grateful that they’re doing that because many of those kid’s stories, that’s happening everywhere.” said Mayor Esther Sanchez in a recent Patch interview. (Oceanside-Camp Pendleton Patch)
- Este Super Bowl Sunday, deputies with the San Diego County Sheriff’s Department will be keeping our roads safe by looking for impaired drivers. There will be increased impaired driving patrols by deputies across San Diego County beginning on Sunday, February 13 at 3:00 pm and lasting through 5:00 am the following day. (Press Release Desk)
- Restaurants, bakeries, markets, pizza joints and donut shops throughout the San Diego region are rolling out the red carpet for Valentine’s Day on Monday with chef-curated menus, takeout specials, prix-fixe offers, cute treats, heart-shaped pizzas and even heart-shaped lasagna. Don’t get stuck without dinner plans or reservations. (San DiegoPatch)
Today in Oceanside-Camp Pendleton:
- Kids’ Clubhouse is Back! – Buena Vista Audubon Society (10:00 AM)
From my notebook:
- Visit Oceanside: “With Valentine’s Day coming up, you might be thinking about popping the question. 💍🌊 Click the link in our bio👆🔗 for the TOP 10 places to propose in Oceanside. If you’re looking to make the big moment PERFECT, we’ go got you covered!…” (Instagram)
- Visit Oceanside: “Oceanside’s 3.5 miles of stunning coastline is waiting for you. ☀️ Click the link in our bio👆🔗 to request your FREE 2022 Oceanside Visitor Guide! Enjoy fun itinerary inspiration, pro tips on where to stay and dining recommendations to …” ( Instagram)
- Oceanside Historical Society: “This story of the history of boxing in Oceanside was posted a few weeks ago but the link did not work correctly. We are trying again to share with you. https://historiesandmysteries.blog/2022/01/26/the-history -of-boxing-in-oceanside/” (Facebook)
- City of Oceanside Public Library: “Instant Listens to get you through the weekend! Check out this collection of audio books by Black authors to celebrate February! Click through the link in bio to go directly to the Hoopla collection “Black Stories & Experiences” with…” (Facebook)
- Oceanside Chamber of Commerce: “Looking for a Sunday Night Dinner Plan? Grab the family and head to Hunter’s Steakhouse! Choose from an array of menu options including their traditional “Santa Maria Style” BBQ. This popular choice consists of tri-tip & chicken cooked or… ” (Facebook)
- Nextdoor Neighbor, San Luis Rey: “It’s Girl Scout Cookie Time!!! – There’s two girls outside Ralph’s on Old Grove right now until 8 pm. And they have ALL the flavors!! Incredible!!! Stop by and support two young female entrepreneurs!!” (Next Door)
More from our sponsors — thanks for supporting local news!
Want to see your local photo here? Submit it for consideration. Please just confirm in the email that you own the rights to the photo, and that Patch has permission to republish it.
- My Hungry Valentine’s Day | A gastro foodie experience (February 14)
- Taxes in Retirement Webinar (February 14)
- PRAYERS: Whose Prayers are Answered and Why? Part 2 – How Do I Know God is Listening to My Prayers? (February 14)
- Taxes in Retirement Webinar (February 15)
- Key Financial Strategies During & After Divorce – Vesta San Diego, CA Hub (February 16)
- New Balance Store In Encinitas Village Opens Feb. 10 (February 17)
- Top 10 Divorce Mistakes & How to Avoid Them – Vesta Carlsbad, CA Hub (February 17)
- Taxes in Retirement Webinar (February 21)
- Taxes in Retirement Seminar (February 23)
- The Cheez Whiz Ultimate 80’s Cover Band (February 25)
- Grow a healthy marriage (February 26)
- Add your event
Loving the Oceanside-Camp Pendleton Daily? Here are all the ways you can get more involved:
You’re all caught up for today! I’ll catch up with you bright and early tomorrow morning with another update.
— Lisa Frost
About me: I am the Community Publisher for the Oceanside-Camp Pendleton Patch and love sharing all things Oceanside. It’s a privilege to help locals and those visiting our incredible and diverse city stay informed about local news, people, and the stories that shape our community. Explore all that Patch has to offer Oceansider’s:
questions? Concerns? Comments? You have my full attention at email@example.com.