Happy Wednesday, neighbors! Here’s everything you need to know to get this day started right. Here are the most important things happening today in Glen Burnie.
First, today’s weather:
Rain; mixed with snow early. High: 42, low: 36.
Here are the top 5 stories today in Glen Burnie:
- AACPL will assist seniors and low and middle-income residents with tax preparation. Trained volunteers will be able to answer questions and help with the forms on March 21 from 10 am-2 pm Appointments for service may be made online, click here. (AACPL)
- Glen Burnie High girls basketball team has been working hard this season. Click on the link to check the scores from this past season and to get to know our local athletes.
(Glen Burnie High School)
- Altered Rally to Philly will start in Glen Burnie! The event will be held on March 19 and will start at RPS Dent Specialist in Glen Burnie and will end at the Philadelphia Museum. Click here for more details and to participate. (All Events)
- Four Rivers Heritage always celebrate Maryland’s birthday weekend with storytelling about different cultures in Anne Arundel County. This year the stories will be expanded to new sites including the Keuthe Research Library in Glen Burnie. (Eye On Annapolis)
- A man was stabbed on Saturday on Linthicum Heights. Police said the victim was walking down on West Nursery Road around 9 pm when he was chased by an unknown man who stabbed him. The victim was transported to a local hospital and is expected to survive. Police searched the area, but they could not find the suspect. The Anne Arundel County Police Department asked anybody with information to call (410) 222-6135. (Glen Burnie Patch)
From our sponsor:
Today’s Glen Burnie Daily is brought to you in part by our friends at GoodRx — the best way to save money on your prescriptions. GoodRx helps you locate the lowest prices for medications at local pharmacies, so you’re not overpaying. Works for pet medications too! To see how much you can save, go to GoodRx.com.
Today in Glen Burnie:
- Babies in Bloom at Glen Burnie Library. (9:30 a.m.)
- Toddler Time at Glen Burnie Library. (10:30 a.m.)
From my notebook:
- AA County Schools-AACPS: “AACPS celebrates our school, social workers, national school social workers week from March 6-12.” (instagram)
- Anne Arundel County Library: “Maci, a young customer at Broadneck, has read 25 books, on her way to read 1000 books before Kindergarten, and got to pick a prize out of the treasure chest. Way to go Maci!” (instagram)
- Anne Arundel County Public Library: “Art in Our Schools is back! Stop by to see some amazing artwork by budding young artists right here in Anne Arundel County.” (Facebook)
- Pascal Senior Activity Center: “Congratulations Nutrition!” (Facebook)
- Nextdoor Neighbor, Harundale: “Who do I call about tree branches hanging over electric lines in backyards? – (Tree is in neighbor’s yard but hanging over the lines in my backyard)” (Nextdoor)
More from our sponsors — thanks for supporting local news!
Loving the Glen Burnie Daily? Here are all the ways you can get more involved:
That’s it for today. See you all tomorrow for another update!
— Deborah Whitehead