Hello again, Jackson! Important update: You all, as readers, have made the Jackson Daily so successful that it is my honor to announce the next stage of the newsletter. Patch is looking for a local writer and entrepreneur to take the helm of the Jackson Daily. Although I have loved getting to know this community, we want to pass the torch to someone truly local to write about Jackson long-term. So if you’re interested in earning extra income while making this newsletter a more valuable resource for your neighbors, learn more and apply here.
First, today’s weather:
Plenty of sunshine. High: 81 Low: 60.
Here are the top three stories in Jackson today:
- Hundreds of families came out for the annual “Touch a Truck” event in the city of Pearl.
Kids were offered a hands-on opportunity to explore, climb, and touch dozens of trucks, emergency response vehicles, heavy machinery, and other equipment. All the proceeds will go to help the Junior League of Jackson continue your mission of helping the community with various projects in the metro area. (WLBT)
- TO Ukrainian Refugee Benefit Concert and Silent Auction will be held in Jackson on Friday, Apr. 1. Local artists including Ben Ford, Tatum Henry, and Hannah Everhart will perform. TO silent auction will be held with items from local businesses and artists including Library Lounge/Fairview Inn, Thimblepress, Lotus Med Spa, Little Blue Stem, Grit Training, Two Dog Farms, ARB Photography, and local art. (WJTV)
- the Friends of Children’s Hospital hosted an annual Doo Dah car giveaway on Friday, Mar. 25. Patty Peck Honda donated a new Honda CRV for the raffle. All proceeds are donated to the state’s only Children’s Hospital; this year’s fundraiser raised approximately $15,000. (WJTV)
From our sponsor:
Today’s newsletter is brought to you in part by Ring, a Patch Brand Partner. We all know that Ring is the leader in video doorbells for home security. But did you know that Ring now makes a home security system that is getting raves from consumer electronic experts?
To learn more about Ring Alarm Pro, the system CNET called “the future of home security,” or to build your own custom system, visit Ring here.
- the rooftop deck at Mississippi Studio’s sister venue, Rev Hall, opens for a sneak preview tonight and Tuesday night at 5 pm! prepare yourselves for the full-on roof deck launch in mid-April! (instagram)
- You’re invited to join the Mississippi Children’s Museum for its Inaugural Youth Summit on Friday, Apr. 15! Youth Summit seeks to bring high school students together with community leaders, businesses, colleges, and more in conversations surrounding our young people. (Volunteer hours will be granted to all participants.) Please register by Apr. 1 to book your lunch. (Facebook)
- the Senior Exhibition is the culminating experience for Bellhaven University’s BFA and BA candidates. This exhibit serves as a launching point for professional practice and allows the students to gain practical knowledge of museum work through the curing and installation of their exhibit. This exhibit will be available until Apr. 1 at the Bitsy Irby Gallery. (Visit Jackson)
More from our sponsors — thanks for supporting local news!
Loving the Jackson Daily? Here are all the ways you can get more involved:
- Send a friend or neighbor this link so they can subscribe
- Get your local business listed in front of readers
You’re all caught up for today! I’ll see you soon.
— kayla harrison
About me: Kayla Harrison is a Writing Arts professor, as well as a freelance writer for content creation agency Lightning Media Partners. In her free time, you can find her listening to podcasts, writing poetry, and visiting local coffee shops.