When you buy through our links, Insiders may earn an affiliate commission. Learn more.
- CNN Plus is a new streaming service promising “a fresh take” on daily news.
- The platform features live news, original programs, and on-demand content.
- CNN Plus launches on March 29 for $6/month, and you can snag a 50% off deal for a limited time.
CNN Plus is a new
service set to launch on March 29. The platform is designed to offer “a new experience” from the CNN brand, which will give subscribers access to the day’s headlines while offering the opportunity to dive deeper on topics and issues.
The service will feature live shows from CNN mainstays including Anderson Cooper, Poppy Harlow, and Jake Tapper. CNN Plus will also offer new original series and films in addition to programming from CNN’s archive, including every episode of Anthony Bourdain’s “Parts Unknown” and documentaries like “Blackfish” and “RBG.”
Below, we’ve broken down the basics of CNN Plus to help you decide if it’s a good fit for your streaming needs.
What is CNN Plus?
CNN Plus is a new ad-free streaming service designed to offer live news, on-demand shows, and interactive experiences. It builds off of the CNN brand and its existing cable channel, but offers an entirely different lineup of live programming.
Another exclusive perk of CNN Plus is “Interview Club,” where subscribers will have the chance to interact with personalities from the service twice a week. Subscribers can submit questions in advance of the live Q&A for the chance to get the questions that matter most to them answered.
How much does CNN Plus cost?
A regular subscription to CNN Plus will cost $6 a month or $60 a year. As part of a limited-time promotion, subscribers who sign up within the first four weeks of launch can get 50% off the monthly price. This brings the price down to just $3 a month.
Though CNN hasn’t announced a specific end date for the promotion, the deal’s four-week time period should put its end date on April 26. Once claimed, the discounted rate will remain active for as long as you stay subscribed.
How can I sign up for CNN Plus?
You can sign up for a CNN Plus subscription directly through the CNN Plus website beginning March 29.
Where can I watch CNN Plus?
It’s expected that you will be able to watch CNN Plus on iOS and Android devices, in addition to tablets, smart TVs, and streaming media players like Roku and Fire TV.
CNN Plus will be built into the pre-existing CNN app, similarly to ESPN+. The CNN app will become the one-stop destination for all CNN-related streaming.
Does CNN Plus include access to the CNN cable channel?
Though CNN Plus has its own lineup of live news programs and on-demand shows, it does not include access to the regular CNN cable channel.
To stream the CNN cable channel, you need to have a pay-TV provider with access to that network. If you have a pay-TV provider with CNN, you can sign in with your account information to add live CNN access to the CNN app.
What can I watch on CNN Plus?
CNN Plus will offer a mix of live shows and on-demand programs.
A total of eight shows will be streamed daily at launch with hosts like Kasie Hunt, Kate Bolduan, Wolf Blitzer, and Chris Wallace. These live programs are intended to keep viewers up to date with breaking news and the most important stories of the day.
Additionally, new weekly shows featuring familiar CNN personalities will also be part of the service. Here is what you can expect from CNN Plus’ weekly lineup:
- “Anderson Cooper Full Circle” – The anchor will interview “authors, entertainers, mindfulness experts and community leaders” to highlight stories happening outside of Washington DC.
- “Boss Files with Poppy Harlow” – Poppy Harlow will sit down with some of the world’s top business leaders to find out the secrets behind their success.
- “Jake Tapper’s Book Club” – CNN anchor and author Jake Tapper will interview newsmaking authors, in addition to the authors of some of his favorite books, to find out the stories behind the books.
- “Parental Guidance with Anderson Cooper” – In Cooper’s second series for the streaming service, the new dad of two will interview experts as he navigates life as a working parent.
- “No Mercy No Malice with Scott Galloway” – Galloway, an entrepreneur and business professor, will explore the intersections of tech, business, and society.
Following the service’s launch, new series with Don Lemon and NBA star Rex Chapman will premiere in April. CNN Plus also has plans to launch a series with food writer Alison Roman, and a series about Mexican cooking from actress Eva Longoria.
The streaming service will also launch with a large on-demand library that includes full seasons of CNN-produced titles. The lineup features CNN Films like “RBG” and “Blackfish,” and shows like “Anthony Bourdain: Parts Unknown,” “United Shades of America” with W. Kamau Bell, and “Stanley Tucci: Searching for Italy.”