Whether you and yours have been together for six months, a year, or so long you’ve run out of fingers to count on, any relationship milestone is a big deal. If your love language is public displays of affection (and by public, we mean Instagram), then we’ve curated a list of the best anniversary captions to add to your post. Are you two the sentimental types? Steal a lyric from your favorite ballad or a rom-com you’ve watched together. More comfortable communicating in dry jokes (same) and puns? We’ve sourced plenty of funny options, too. Whatever route you go to wish your SO a happy anniversary, as long as the words remind you of the very special bond you share, you can’t go wrong (and when in doubt, a small gift never hurts). Wanna drop a *cough* subtle hint? Share a few of these couples captions with them in advance, juuuust in case they have writer’s block too.
Song Lyric Anniversary Captions
- “All of me loves all of you. Love your curves and all your edges, all your perfect imperfections.” —John Legend, “All of Me”
- “You’re still the one I run to, the one that I belong to. You’re still the one I want for life.” —Shania Twain, “You’re Still the One”
- “I love you more than I have ever found a way to say to you.” —Ben Folds, “The Luckiest”
- “Everywhere I’m looking now, I’m surrounded by your embrace. Baby, I can see your halo. You know you’re my saving grace.” —Beyonce, “Halo”
- “Got me looking so crazy right now, your love’s got me looking so crazy right now.” —Beyonce, “Crazy in Love”
- “We go together like sound and sight, black and white, day and night. We go together like left and right. Oh, we go together.” —Vampire Weekend, “We Belong Together”
- “And when you smile, the whole world stops and stars for a while…”— Bruno Mars, “Just the Way You are”
- “Well, I found a woman stronger than anyone I know. She shares my dreams; I hope that someday I’ll share her home.”— Ed Sheeran, “Perfect”
- “I hope you don’t mind that I put down in words how wonderful life is while you’re in the world.”—Elton John, “Your Song”
- “How sweet it is to be loved by you…”—James Taylor, “How Sweet It is”
- Wouldn’t trade you for anyone.* *Except Harry Styles.
- Annual reminder to my [insert husband, wife, girlfriend, boyfriend, honey, etc.] that today is our anniversary!
- Posting this so my [insert husband, wife, girlfriend, boyfriend, honey, etc.] doesn’t forget our anniversary this year.
- There’s no one else in the world I’d rather have snoring beside me.
- If two people love each other, then nothing is impossible. Decide where to eat.
- Lucky to love someone who is the same kind of weird as me.
- Even on your most annoying days I am happy to be loved by someone like you.
- Sorry, no refunds! Happy anniversary!
- “I love you. Thanks for killing all the spiders this year.”
- “It is remarkable how long we have tolerated each other for.”
- The best love stories never end.
- I said yes to a life with you.
- Ever thin, ever mine, ever ours.
- Today, tomorrow, always.
- Can’t wait to grow old with you by my side.
- Part-time lover, full-time friend.
- Dating your best friend is like getting 11 chicken nuggets when you ordered only 10.
- If you’re not dating your best friend, WYD?
- Marriage is just a super-long slumber party with your bestie.
- Today, tomorrow, always.
- Life with you just keeps getting better.
- “I would rather share one lifetime with you than face all the ages of this world alone.” —Lord of the Rings
- “The best love is the kind that awakens the soul, that makes us reach for more, that plants the fire in our hearts and brings peace to our minds.” —The Notebook
- “I love you even when you’re sick and look disgusting.” —Love Actually
- “So how does it happen, great love? Nobody knows…but what I can tell you is that it happens in the blink of an eye. One moment you’re enjoying your life, and the next you’re wondering how you ever lived without them.” —hitch
- “I vow to fiercely love you in all your forms, now and forever. I promise to never forget that this is a once-in-a-lifetime love.” —The Vow
- “When I look at you, I can feel it. I look at you, and I’m home.” —Finding Nemo
- “The secret of a happy marriage is finding the right person. You know they’re right if you love to be with them all the time.” —Julia Child
- “The best thing to hold onto in life is each other.” —Audrey Hepburn
- “In all the world, there is no heart for me like yours. In all the world, there is no love for you like mine.” —Maya Angelou
- “We loved with a love that was more than love.” -Edgar Allan Poe
- “I saw that you were perfect and I loved you. Then I saw that you were not perfect and I loved you even more.” —Angelita Lim
- “Grow old with me, the best is yet to be.” —Robert Browning
One-Year Anniversary Captions
- One year down, forever to go.
- 365 days of smiles, snuggles, and forgetting to take the trash out.
- Ready for another trip around the sun?
- 1 year. 12 months. 52 weeks. 365 days. You do the math.
- A year has gone by and I love you even more than the day we met.
Madison Douglas is Brooklyn based, Virginia raised writer and photographer. When she is not working you can catch reading in bed.