The Will Rogers Library wants you – and your gardens – to bloom where you’re planted this April! Now is the time for starting all things green and growing. The last few years have seen a dramatic surge in interest in home gardening, and the current price hikes are only increasing the desire for many interested in learning how to grow more of our own food.
Whether your interest is growing a small kitchen garden, gardening organically, finding the tools to develop a full-blown self-sufficient homestead, or you’d just like to add some simple color to your flower beds, check out the library’s gardening collection and online resources to help you get started!
To help you enhance your non-gardening hours, the Library has added over 1400 new items this month! Check out over 400 new e-books, more than 250 new print books, plus more than 50 new movies and audiobooks sure to spark your interest.
The new VOX children’s read-along books are incredibly popular right now, and the library has also added another 60 titles to this early reader collection. You can find all the new items in the Library Catalog online at www.willrogerslibrary.org, or ask the library staff to show you what’s new!
Happening at the library in April include:
• Get in on the fun of Adult Crafts! The first Tuesday of each month from 10:00 am – 11:00 am in the Library’s meeting room. This month we’ll be making adorable Bunny Flowerpots! No carrot is safe… Sign up is requested as supplies are limited. Adults only, please.
• Meet the Green Country Beekeepers, a group for new and experienced bee keepers in Claremore and surrounding areas. Meets the 3rd Tuesday of each month. This month’s gathering will be Tuesday, April 19th from 6:00 pm – 7:30 pm in the Multipurpose room. All interested are welcome!
• The Genealogy Volunteers are available every Monday night from 4:30 pm – 7:00 pm in the Reference area to answer your questions. Finding out more about your family tree is easier than you think with Library resources Ancestry.com, Heritage Quest, and the help of friendly volunteers!
• Learn the art of Crochet with the new A Stitch at a Time group! From beginners wanting to learn or experienced pros, all skill levels are welcome! The group meets in the Library’s meeting room every Tuesday (except the 3rd Tuesday) from 6:00 pm – 7:00 pm.
For Families and Children:
• Wednesday Storytimes! From 9:30 am – 10:00 am, Lapsit Storytime features rhymes and songs for ages 0-3. Then from 10:00 am – 10:30 am, little ones ages 3-5 gather for our regular Storytime, featuring short stories and more. Parents bring your little ones and join Miss Nikki every Wednesday!
• Junior Books & Bricks Club for ages 5-9 meets the 2nd Tuesday of each month; Books & Bricks Club for children ages 10-14 meets the 4th Tuesday of each month. Each group meets in the Library meeting room from 4:00 pm – 4:45 pm. For all children who love to read and build, the library provides the Legos – you bring your imagination!
Please note the Will Rogers Library will be closed Friday, April 15th and Saturday, April 16th for the Easter holiday.
For more information on what’s happening during this and every month, be sure to check out the Library website at www.willrogerslibrary.org, follow our Facebook or Instagram pages, drop by the Library at 1515 North Florence Avenue, or call 918-341- 1564 for information.