Up and at ’em, Glen Burnie! Let’s get you started this Tuesday with everything you need to know going on in Glen Burnie today.
First, today’s weather:
Cloudy with occasional rain. High: 58 Low: 52. Perhaps spring has finally sprung!
Here are the top 4 stories today in Glen Burnie:
- On April 1 around 9:15 pm a patrol officer rescued an infant and toddler from a half submerged vehicle in the Severn Danza pond. The officer heard a crash and discovered Oswaldo Ramirez-Lopez, 27 year old, lost control of the vehicle on Donaldson Avenue, crashed through trees and a fence before ending up in the pond. The driver was arrested for driving without a license. (DailyVoice)
- Nathaniel Williams, 39, of Glen Burnie was sentenced to 20 years for the sexual abuse of a minor. On September 11, 2020 the victim reported the rape to a family member, who then called the police. The raps have been happening for three years prior. (Anne Arundel County)
- Maryland is set to become the second state to ban cat declawing. A bill was passed Monday that would make removing a portion of a cat’s claws or paws illegally, unless it was medically necessary to do so. This bill does not affect practices to file or trim cat claws. (Yahoo)
- Monsignor Slade Middle Schoolers will finally have their wishes granted! the production of Aladdin Jr. will finally make it’s debut after a two year delay due to the pandemic. Join the fun on April 8th at 6:30 pm and April 9th at 2 pm and 7 pm (Eye On Annapolis)
Today in Glen Burnie:
- The American Legion Post 40 is hosting music bingo tonight 6:30 – 8:30 pm Free to play. Cash bar and bar food available for purchase. (All Events)
- An online class is being offered for anyone who wants to write and publish their own book. Tonight from 7-10 pm Learn what it takes to be self published. (All Events)
- Spring wreath making. Tonight at 6 pm at Pherm Brewing Company, 1041 MD 3, Gambrills. All materials will be provided. (patches)
- The Archdiocese of Baltimore presents “Living a Eucharistic Faith: Lives of the Saints” starting tonight from 6:30 am through April 12 at 6:30 pm. If you cannot make it in person this will be available on livestream via the OLF YouTube channel. (ArchBalt)
From my notebook:
- Movie night! “Charm” will be the feature movie. April 8th at 6:30 pm Be sure to RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org. (Facebook)
- Bring your little ones to find Easter eggs! Join us on the George T. Cromwell Elementary school ballfield. April 9 at 11 am and the rain date is April 16. (Greater Ferndale Community Civic Assoc)
- A rabbit that appears to be someone’s pet has been found in the Harundale area. If anyone is missing their pet, rest assure he/she is safe. Please call lisa @ 443-306-5768 or mark @ 443-306-1708. You must be able to identify specific things in order to claim. (Next Door)
Loving the Glen Burnie Daily? Here are all the ways you can get more involved:
Now you’re in the loop and ready to head out the door on this Tuesday. See you all tomorrow morning for another update!