Hello again, Chattanooga! Important update: You all, as readers, have made the Chattanooga Daily so successful that it is my honor to announce the next stage of the newsletter. Patch is looking for a local writer and entrepreneur to take the helm of the Chattanooga Daily. Although I have loved getting to know this community, we want to pass the torch to someone truly local to write about Chattanooga long term. So if you’re interested in earning extra income while making this newsletter a more valuable resource for your neighbors, learn more and apply here.
First, today’s weather:
Mostly cloudy. High: 71 Low: 61.
Are you a local business owner or marketer? We can help you effortlessly run effective ads that reach customers in Chattanooga. Click here to learn more.
Here are the top three stories in Chattanooga today:
- The Chattanooga Police Department is investigating a Saturday morning shooting that occurred on East 11th Street. The incident resulted in officers locating a 40-year-old man with a gunshot wound at the scene. The man was transported to a local hospital for treatment of the non-life-threatening wound. Anyone with information is being asked to contact the department or to submit a tip via the CPD mobile app. (WTVC)
- The Chattanooga Fire Department has launched an investigation into a Saturday afternoon blaze that displaced several families. The department responded and extinguished the fire at the Elements of Chattanooga Apartments on Standifer Gap Road. The cause of the fire is being investigated. (WDEF News 12)
- Chattanooga’s Volkswagen production plant is conducting its largest hiring surge since the plant opened its assembly line. The surge is the result of launching its first assembly line for an electric vehicle in July. The starting rate for new hires is reportedly set at $19.50 an hour. (Chattanooga Times Free Press)
From our sponsor:
Today’s newsletter is brought to you in part by Ring, a Patch Brand Partner. We all know that Ring is the leader in video doorbells for home security. But did you know that Ring now makes a home security system that is getting raves from consumer electronic experts?
To learn more about Ring Alarm Pro, the system CNET called “the future of home security,” or to build your own custom system, visit Ring here.
Today in Chattanooga:
- Planning Commission At The City of Chattanooga (1:00 PM)
- Learn to Ride a Bicycle Class At The City of Chattanooga (4:00 PM)
From my notebook:
- The Chattanooga Fire Department shares photos from an auto repair shop fire on Sunday. Click to see the interesting pictures of the crews in action. (Facebook)
- Angela’s Resin Crafts is selling earrings to support the Tennessee Humane Animal League’s efforts. They are $5 a pair with all proceeds going towards the shelter. (Facebook)
- Did you know that the Gopher Tortoise is one of the five tortoises native to this continent? Click to learn more about the Gopher Tortoises at the Tennessee Aquarium. (Facebook)
Loving the Chattanooga Daily? Here are all the ways you can get more involved:
- Send a friend or neighbor this link so they can subscribe
- Get your local business listed in front of readers
You’re all caught up for today. See you all tomorrow morning for another update!
— kayla harrison
About me: Kayla Harrison is a Writing Arts professor, as well as a freelance writer for content creation agency Lightning Media Partners. In her free time, you can find her listening to podcasts, writing poetry, and visiting local coffee shops.