Hey Jackson! Here’s everything you need to know to get this Wednesday started off right.
First, today’s weather:
A few t-storms, some severe. High: 83 Low: 52.
Here are the top three stories in Jackson today:
- Jackson’s I-55 North is currently closed due to an overturned 18-wheeler. The incident occurred south of the Terry exit where the northbound lane almost intersects with Cherry Grove Road. At least one person was taken to a local area hospital with injuries. (WLBT)
- The next Jackson Hinds Library System Board of Trustees Meeting will be on Apr. 26. The meeting will be in the Eudora Welty Library’s computer lab at 4:00 pm The public has been invited to attend the meeting but masks and face covering are required to attend as per the Jackson Mayor’s executive order. (Press Release Desk)
- Jackson Mayor Chokwe Antar Lumumba announced on Monday that Richard’s Disposal will puck up trash throughout the city. The announcement is good news for the neighborhoods that have not had trash pickup for the last two weeks. The Mayor reminds the community that there will be trash pickup issues since the city did not maintain route data for the new trash pickup company. (WLBT)
From our sponsor:
Today’s newsletter is brought to you in part by Ring, a Patch Brand Partner. We all know that Ring is the leader in video doorbells for home security. But did you know that Ring now makes a home security system that is getting raves from consumer electronic experts?
To learn more about Ring Alarm Pro, the system CNET called “the future of home security,” or to build your own custom system, visit Ring here.
- Jackson State University’s Ameshya Williams-Holliday has been drafted by Indiana Fever. Congratulations! (Facebook)
- Mississippi Department of Transportation recognizes failed workers with a new memorial in front of the District 1 Headquarters building. (Facebook)
- The Jackson Fire Department honors the life and legacy of retired Assistant Fire Chief Tony Davis. (Facebook)
More from our sponsors — thanks for supporting local news!
Loving the Jackson Daily? Here are all the ways you can get more involved:
- Send a friend or neighbor this link so they can subscribe
- Get your local business listed in front of readers
You’re officially in the loop for today. I’ll see you around!
— kayla harrison
About me: Kayla Harrison is a Writing Arts professor, as well as a freelance writer for content creation agency Lightning Media Partners. In her free time, you can find her listening to podcasts, writing poetry, and visiting local coffee shops.