Editor’s note: Is your group meeting once more and wanting to get into the community calendar? Let us know at editor@sequim gazette.com or 360-683-3311. — MD
Deadline for items appearing in the community calendar is noon on Wednesday, one week before publication at editor@ sequimgazette.com or delivered to the Sequim Gazette at 147 W. Washington St.
• Traveler’s Journal adventure/travel series: “Traveling Through Europe by Cycle & Train,” 7 pm Thursday, April 7, at Dungeness River Nature Center, 2099 W. Hendrickson Road. $5 suggested donation. Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Olympic National Park Perspectives Winter Speaker Series: “Klamath River Restoration” 7 pm Tuesday, April 12, on Zoom. Register at nols.org/nols-events.
• Traveler’s Journal adventure/travel series: “Walking the Dream: The Journey on the Camino de Santiago,” 7 pm Thursday, April 14, at Dungeness River Nature Center, 2099 W. Hendrickson Road. $5 suggested donation. Contact: email@example.com.
• Civic Minds + Creative Hearts event, 6-8:30 pm Thursday, April 14, at Port Angeles Fine Art Center, 1203 E. Lauridsen Blvd. $12 for PAFAC members, $14 for general public. pafac.kindful.com/e/civicmindslocalwater.
• Olympic Theater Arts Center’s production of “Bingo! The Winning Musical.” April 15-May 1. 7:30 pm on Fridays and Saturdays, 2 pm on Sundays. At Olympic Theater Arts Center, 414 N. Sequim Ave. $24 adults, $15 students. olympictheatrearts.org.
• Easter Egg Hunt, 11 am Saturday, April 16, at Sequim Elks Lodge #2642, 143 Port Williams Road. For ages 0-11.
• Easter “Eggs” travaganza, 11 am (hunt starts at 1 pm), hosted by KSQM 91.5 FM, Saturday, April 16, at The Pumpkin Patch, 260045 US Highway 101. For ages 0-10.
• Battle of the Books discussion: “The Cardboard Kingdom,” 6 pm Thursday, April 21, on Zoom Register at nols.org/nols-events.
• North Olympic Land Trust’s 14th-annual Conservation Breakfast, 9-10 am Friday, April 22, online. RSVP at northolympiclandtrust.org/event/conservation-breakfast-2.
• Run the Peninsula Series’ Railroad Bridge 5k/10k, 9:30 am Saturday, April 23, starting at Railroad Bridge Park, 2151 W. Hendrickson Road. $40 for in-person races, or $35 for a 5k/10k/half-marathon option. Register at runthepeninsula.com/railroad-bridge.
• Sequim Bay Yacht Club Opening Day, Sunday, May 1, at John Wayne Marina, 2577 W. Sequim Bay Road. Open house starts at 9:30 am, free boat rides (first-come, first-served) 10 am-12:30 pm sequimbayyacht.club, facebook.com/sequimbayyachtclub.
• Annual Clallam County Master Gardeners’ spring plant sale, Saturday, May 7, at Woodcock Demonstration Garden, 2711 Woodcock Road. Sales 9am-12:30pm; half-price runs 1-3 pm clallammgf.org.
• Sequim City Band, “Concerts at The James” series, 3 pm Sunday, May 15, at The James Center for the Performing Arts, 350 N. Blake Ave. Free.
• Time Out!, blues to Broadway for easy listening, 7 pm Saturday, May 21, at Olympic Theater Arts Center, 414 N. Sequim Ave. $15. olympictheatrearts.org.
• Sequim City Band rehearsals, 7-9 pm Wednesdays starting April 20, at Dungeness Valley Lutheran Church, 925 N. Sequim Ave. sequimcityband.org.
• Blue Whole Gallery’s April 2022 exhibit: “Welcome Spring.” Featured artists: mixed media sculptor Deborah Harrison and 2-D artist in painting Susan Trisko. At 129 W. Washington St. Gallery hours: 10 am- 5 pm Monday-Saturday, 11 am-3 pm Sundays. bluewholegallery.com.
• Blue Whole Gallery’s May 2022 exhibit: “Create from Nature’s Order.” Featured artists: fractal artist Dan Brewer (fractal artist) and 2-D painter Dennis (Doc) Pangborn. At 129 W. Washington St. Gallery hours: 10 am- 5 pm Monday-Saturday, 11 am-3 pm Sundays. Meet artists at 5 pm Friday, May 6, during First Friday Art Walk Sequim. bluewholegallery.com.
• Rain or Shine! Outdoor Storytime series, through May 31. All-ages storytime features stories, music, rhymes and plenty of movement and fun. Storytimes at the Sequim Library, 630 N. Sequim Ave., will be held at 10:30 am on Tuesdays in the field behind library. 360-417-8500, firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Poetry Walks hosted by North Olympic Library System, Olympic National Park, through May 31. At Olympic National Park trails: Hall of Mosses Trail, Living Forest Trail, Madison Creek Falls Trail, Spruce Railroad Trail, Peabody Creek Trail. nols.org.
• Shipley Center classes/activities: Tai chi, exercise classes, basic meditation, computer clinic, some offered via Zoom. 360-683-6806, email@example.com. (Note: some classes are limited in size)
• Clallam County Master Gardeners plant answer clinics, 9:30 am-12:30 pm through Oct. 17 (except holidays), at Clallam County Courthouse, 223 E. Fourth St., Port Angeles. firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Skwim Toastmasters Club. Meets every Tuesday, 7-8:30 pm Currently meeting online via Zoom. Get link at 907529.toastmastersclubs.org.
• 2nd Tuesday Book Discussion Group, 11 am, currently meeting online via Zoom. Register at nols.org/nols-events.
• Olympic Peninsula Christian Writers, 6:30-8:30 pm, third Thursday, currently meeting online via Zoom. Email to email@example.com.
• Gardiner Community Cemetery commissioners, 4 pm, second Thursday, downstairs in Gardiner Community Center, 980 Old Gardiner Road, Gardiner. Public invited to attend.
• First Friday Art Walk Sequim. Free, self-guided tour of local art venues in Sequim, 5-8 pm, first Friday of month. SequimArtWalk.com.
• Sequim Senior Singles, 1 pm, the second Saturday of the month at Big Elk Restaurant, 707 E. Washington St. Looking for new members. Call Barbara Miller at 360-809-8336.
• Strait Turners Woodturning Club. Currently meeting online. Contact Jackie Le Doux at 360-457-5172 (8 am-12:30 pm and after 5 pm) or 360-452-5673 (12:30-5 pm).
• 2nd Saturday Book Discussion Group, 3 pm, currently meeting online via Zoom. Register at nols.org/nols-events.