Editor’s note: Is your group meeting once more and wanting to get into the community calendar? Let us know at editor@sequim gazette.com or 360-683-3311. — MD
Deadline for items appearing in the community calendar is noon on Wednesday, one week before publication at editor@ sequimgazette.com or delivered to the Sequim Gazette at 147 W. Washington St.
• Memorial Day ceremonies, Monday, May 30: Sequim View Cemetery, 1505 Sequim-Dungeness Way, 11 am; Jamestown Cemetery, 1033 Old Blyn highway, 11:30 a.m.; Dungeness Cemetery, 2153 Lotzgesell Road, noon; and, Blue Mountain Cemetery, 12:45 p.m.
• “Medea,” Euripides’ tragic tale of love, hate and betrayal, 7:30 pm Saturday, June 4. Tickets by cash donation. Streamed version available June 10-24 at bit.ly/3kHEpfy. firstname.lastname@example.org.
• North Olympic Discovery Marathon (marathon, half-marathon, marathon relay, Kids Marathon, 10k and 5k), June 4-5, Port Angeles and Sequim. nodm.com.
• Olympic Theater Arts Center’s production of “The Book of Will.” June 10-26. 7:30 p.m. on Fridays and Saturdays, 2 p.m. on Sundays. At Olympic Theater Arts Center, 414 N. Sequim Ave. $18 adults, $12 students. olympictheatrearts.org.
• Secret Garden Tour (Jefferson County), Saturday, June 18. Tickets $15 in advance, $20 day of show. brownpapertickets.com/event/5446440.
• Petals & Pathways Home Garden Tour, 10 am-4 pm Saturday, June 25, featuring six Port Angeles-area gardens. Tickets 4!5 prepaid, $20 day of tour. Tickets at Over the Fence, 118 E. Washington St.; Sunny Farms Country Store, 261461 US Highway 101, and The Co-op Farm and Garden, 216 E. Washington St. Get tickets online at clallammgf.org.
• Olympic Theater Arts Center’s production of “Lavender Melodrama.” July 7-24. 7 pm on Thursdays, Fridays and Saturdays, 2 pm on Sundays. At Olympic Theater Arts Center, 414 N. Sequim Ave. $20 adults, $15 students. olympictheatrearts.org.
• Jazz at the PUB, 12:30 pm Tuesday, May 31, in Pirate Union Building at Peninsula College, 1502 E. Lauridsen Blvd., Port Angeles.
• Renegade, 6-8:30 pm Sunday July 10, Sequim Elks, 143 Port Williams Road. $10 for Elks members, $12 for guests.
• Sequim City Band rehearsals, 7-9 pm Wednesdays, at Dungeness Valley Lutheran Church, 925 N. Sequim Ave. Musicians need to show vaccination card at their first rehearsal. sequimcityband.org.
• Blue Whole Gallery’s May 2022 exhibit: “Create from Nature’s Order.” Featured artists: fractal artist Dan Brewer (fractal artist) and 2-D painter Dennis (Doc) Pangborn. At 129 W. Washington St. Gallery hours: 10 am- 5 pm Monday-Saturday, 11 am-3 pm Sundays. bluewholegallery.com.
• Sequim Police Department exhibit through May, at the Karen Kuznek-Reese Gallery in the Sequim Civic Center, 152 W. Cedar St. Gallery open 7:30 am-4 pm, Monday-Friday.
• The Blackbird Coffeehouse, 336 E. Eighth St., Port Angeles, features a different artist every month; in May features Sequim artist Judy Larimore’s photography and paintings titled, “The Beauty of Nature.” Hours are 7 am-4 pm, Monday-Saturday.
• Rain or Shine! Outdoor Storytime series, through May 31. All-ages storytime features stories, music, rhymes and plenty of movement and fun. Storytimes at the Sequim Library, 630 N. Sequim Ave., will be held at 10:30 am on Tuesdays in the field behind library. 360-417-8500, email@example.com.
• Poetry Walks hosted by North Olympic Library System, Olympic National Park, through May 31. At Olympic National Park trails: Hall of Mosses Trail, Living Forest Trail, Madison Creek Falls Trail, Spruce Railroad Trail, Peabody Creek Trail. nols.org.
• Shipley Center classes/activities: Tai chi, exercise classes, basic meditation, computer clinic, some offered via Zoom. 360-683-6806, firstname.lastname@example.org. (Note: some classes are limited in size)
• Clallam County Master Gardeners plant answer clinics, 9:30 am-12:30 pm through Oct. 17 (except holidays), at Clallam County Courthouse, 223 E. Fourth St., Port Angeles. email@example.com.
• Skwim Toastmasters Club. Meets every Tuesday, 7-8:30 pm Currently meeting online via Zoom. Get link at 907529.toastmastersclubs.org.
• 2nd Tuesday Book Discussion Group, 11 am, currently meeting online via Zoom. Register at nols.org/nols-events.
• Olympic Peninsula Christian Writers, 6:30-8:30 pm, third Thursday, currently meeting online via Zoom. Email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Gardiner Community Cemetery commissioners, 4 pm, second Thursday, downstairs in Gardiner Community Center, 980 Old Gardiner Road, Gardiner. Public invited to attend.
• Sequim Duplicate Bridge Club, 12:30-4 pm at Masonic Lodge 213, 700 S. Fifth Ave., starting May 27. Proof of COVID vaccination is required; masks are optional. No fee through end of June. email@example.com/360-681-4308 or firstname.lastname@example.org/360-681-4070.
• First Friday Art Walk Sequim. Free, self-guided tour of local art venues in Sequim, 5-8 pm, first Friday of month. SequimArtWalk.com.
• Sequim Senior Singles, 1 pm, the second Saturday of the month at Big Elk Restaurant, 707 E. Washington St. Looking for new members. Call Barbara Miller at 360-809-8336.
• Strait Turners Woodturning Club. Currently meeting online. Contact Jackie Le Doux at 360-457-5172 (8 am-12:30 pm and after 5 pm) or 360-452-5673 (12:30-5 pm).
• 2nd Saturday Book Discussion Group, 3 pm, currently meeting online via Zoom. Register at nols.org/nols-events.