Hello, Bedford! I’m here in your inbox today to tell you everything you need to know about what’s going on around town. Enjoy…
First, today’s weather:
Very warm and more humid. High: 89 Low: 68.
These are the great local businesses that sponsor the Bedford Daily. We love what they do, and we think you will, too:
- Attention Bedford pet owners! Did you know that Bedford has a new pet store with a great selection of high-quality pet foods and supplies, a full service grooming salon, a self-serve pet wash, pet boarding and even a doggie bakery!?! Friendly Pets on Colby Ct. is locally owned and family operated — and their passion is your pet. Drop in with your furry friend today, or learn more here.
- Looking to grow your small business? Terzakis & Associates has been helping small business owners grow and succeed for over 20 years through advisory services and small business coaching. Whether you run a family-owned business, a medical or legal practice or offer professional services like investing or accounting, Terzakis & Associates can help you with strategy and tactics to thrive — and not just survive. Book a free half-hour consultation here to learn more.
- Are you looking to buy or sell a luxury property in the Bedford area? Marianna Vis of Four Seasons Sotheby’s International Realty has over two decades of experience matching buyers and sellers of luxury properties in Southern New Hampshire. With over 1000 homes sold and over 150 5-star reviews from clients, Marianna consistently produces results. For a free market valuation and staging consultation, email Marianna today at email@example.com.
Click here to get your business featured in this spot.
Here are the top stories today in Bedford:
- It’s going to be hot, hot, hot in Bedford on Monday. Temperatures are expected to reach 90 in Southern New Hampshire, according to Stephen Baron, a meteorologist for the National Weather Service in Gray, Maine. The average temperature for this time of year is 72 degrees! If you’re planning a cookout or other outside activity over Memorial Day, be sure to plan ahead and stay cool. (Subscription / The Union Leader)
- Discover “Tech at the Library: Library eBooks 101” on Wednesday, June 1, 3—4:30 pm at the McAllaster Room. In this free class, you will learn two of the library’s eBook apps – Libby and CloudLibrarand –where you can sign up and start downloading eBooks and eAudiobooks for free with your Bedford Public Library card. You’ll find out about the features of these helpful apps and have your questions answered. Registration before the class is required, and face coverings are strongly encouraged in the library for everyone over the age of 2 years old, regardless of vaccination status. You can find out more here: (Bedford Public Library)
- Granite State College will recognize Dante J. Scala as the 2022 New England Notable on Thursday, June 9, 1 pm, at Bethany Covenant Church on One Covenant Way in Bedford. University of New Hampshire political science professor will be giving a presentation titled, “Learning the Hard Way: Lessons from Two Decades of New Hampshire Politics,” which may be of interest to residents “swept into the political arena” during the “first-in -the-nation” primary season. Professor Scale has been “a close observer of New Hampshire politics” for more than two decades and will be taking questions. To make a reservation to attend, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 603-513-1378. About OLLI at Granite State College. (Granite State College)
From my notebook:
- Bedford NH Public Library: “It’s Memorial Day weekend – the unofficial start of summer in New England! That means it’s time for beach reads! Visit the Bedford Public Library’s blog.” (Facebook)
- Bedford Athletic Club: “Rec Spring FUNdamentals Training -May 9, 2022.” (Facebook)
- Nextdoor Neighbor, Cote D’Or: “Lost Dog- our Dog got out around 4:30 today and we are still searching for him. – His name is Rocky, he’s a 2 yr old Chow. Very friendly. He has a metal collar on but no tags. We have been out searching since. Please if you see him call …” (Nextdoor)
More from our sponsors — thanks for supporting local news!
Now you’re in the loop and ready to head out the door on this Monday! I’ll be back in your inbox tomorrow morning with another update.
— Paula Constance
About me: Paula is a freelance writer, author, and award-winning media producer. She is committed to media projects that empower, engage, and help make the world a better place.