Few things in life are more glorious than the first hint of the morning sun breaking through the horizon. As hues of golden yellow, orange, and red light up the sky at daybreak, the rising sun is a reminder that each morning is the start of a new beginning. A new chance to make a change. Another opportunity to embrace the day with open arms and set out on a new journey.
Unfortunately for those late sleepers out there, getting up early is a must when it comes to experiencing the splendor of a sunrise. As difficult as it may be to leave behind the cozy comfort of your bed and blankets, catching a sunrise every now and then does wonders for starting off your day with a positive attitude. It’s a heady feeling to witness the magnificence of the dawn of a new day as you realize just how small your corner of the world is.
Ready to wake up and jump-start a new day? We’ve put together a list of 70 sunrise quotes that are sure to inspire feelings of inner peace, gratitude, and happiness as you take on the morning. These quotes and Instagram captions about the sunrise will perfectly complement your daybreak photos.
But hey, if sleeping in and catching the day fade away is more your thing, we’ve got a list of quotes about sunsets, too!
1. “There’s a sunrise and a sunset every single day, and they’re absolutely free. Don’t miss so many of them.” ― Jo Walton
2. “Oh, Sunlight! The most precious gold to be found on Earth.” ― Roman Payne
3. “There’s always a story. It’s all stories, really. The sun coming up every day is a story. Everything’s got a story in it. Change the story, change the world.” ― Terry Pratchett A Hat Full of Sky
4. For a girl with such a dark mind, you’re a little too in love with the sunrise.” — Sherry Namdeo
5. “Every sunrise is like a new page, a chance to right ourselves and receive each day in all its glory. Each day is a wonder.” – Oprah Winfrey
6. “If you want to be reminded of the love of the Lord, just watch the sunrise.” — Jeannette Walls Half Broke Horses
7. “The sun will rise and set regardless. What we choose to do with the light while it’s here is up to us. Journey wisely.” — Alexandra Elle
8. “Sunrise paints the sky with pinks and the sunset with peaches. Cool to warm. So is the progression from childhood to old age.” ― Vera Nazarian, The Perpetual Calendar of Inspiration
9. “Opportunities are like sunrises. If you wait too long, you miss them.” —William Arthur Ward
10. “At sunrise, the blue sky paints itself with gold colors and joyfully dances to the music of a morning breeze.” — Debasish Mridha
11. “At sunrise everything is luminous but not clear.” —Norman Maclean A River Runs Through It and Other Stories
12. “There is always a way and always hope in the next sunrise, and in the next second, and in the next minute.” — Ziggy Marley
Related: Rainbow Quotes
13. “I hope you realize that every day is a fresh start for you. That every sunrise is a new chapter in your life waiting to be written.” — Juansen Dizon, Confessions of a Wallflower
14. “It wasn’t the sunrise that took my breath away. Rather, it was the privilege of knowing that forces a billion times my own strength silently merged in the first light of a new day to remind me that I am part of something infinitely bigger than all of the combined challenges of any day.” — Craig D. Lounsbrough
15. “Another sunrise, another new beginning.” — Jonathan Lockwood Huie
16. “A sunrise is God’s way of saying, ‘Let’s start again.’” ― Todd Stocker, Refined: Turning Pain Into Purpose
17. “What breaks in daybreak? Is it the night? Is it the sun, cracked in two by the horizon like an egg, spilling out light?” ― Margaret Atwood
18. “Every sunrise is an invitation for us to arise and brighten someone’s day.” — Jhiess Krieg
19. “It’s the hour when night breaks away from the day, my dove, let me go.” — Jean Genet The Balcony
20. “The secret to a good morning is to watch the sunrise with an open heart.” —Anthony T. Hincks
21. “Sunrise looks spectacular in nature; sunrise looks spectacular in the photos; sunrise looks spectacular in our dreams; sunrise looks spectacular in the paintings because it really is spectacular!” — Mehmet Murat ildan
22. “There is, I have heard, a little thing called sunrise, in which the sun reverses the process we all viewed the night before. You might assume such a thing as mythical as those beasts that guard the corners of the earth, but I have it on the finest authority, and have, indeed, from time to time, regarded it with my own eyes.” ― Lauren Willig The Garden Intrigue
23. “Watching the sunrise every morning is a blessing.” ― Anuj Jasani
24. “There was never a night or a problem that could defeat sunrise or hope.” —Bernard Williams
25. “As I woke up this morning, and I opened my eyes, I am very grateful to see another sunrise.” ― Charmaine J. Forde
26. “There is a moment in ever dawn when light floats, there is the possibility of magic. Creation holds its breath.” – Douglas Adams, The Ultimate Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy
27. “Rest but never quit. Even the sun has a sinking spell each evening. But it always rises the next morning. At sunrise, every soul is born again.” – Muhammad Ali
28. “There is a reason why morning follows night, hjälte. After times of great darkness, we must take time to mourn all we have lost and all who were lost, even as hope rises with the sun.” — Emory R. Frie, Realm of the Snow Queen
29. “Not a road long enough to outrun the dawn. Let the sun rise. I am ready.” — L. M. Browning, Drive Through the Night
Related: Stay Positive Quotes
30. “Seek out the things on the edge, the things in balance. There’s a reason why we see beauty in the sunrise and the sunset, in the change of the seasons, and where the land meets the sea.” —Kevin A. Kuhn, Do You Realize?
31. “We can only appreciate the miracle of a sunrise if we have waited in the darkness.” — Sapna Reddy
32. “You may forever, child, feel a type of way, but you must get up every morning and watch the sun rise from the ocean.” ― Kwame Opoku-Duku, “They’ll Ask You Where It Hurts The Most”
33. “The hate of the dark nights will not defeat the love of this sunrise.” ― Sogamiah FM
34. “I wanted everybody to see a sunrise and be knocked out by the miracle of it, the world being created every morning.” — Mordicai Gerstein
35. “Watching them was like watching the sunset and the sunrise, equally beautiful in different ways.” ― Shannon A. Thompson, Death Before Daylight
36. “Don’t you feel you get value for your day if you’ve actually watched the sun rise?” ― A. J. Vosse
37. “Cherish the times you can watch the sunrise, there’s only so many in a lifetime.” — unknown
38. “Let the beauty of sunrise keep your heart warm.” — Lailah Gifty Akita
39. “The sunrise, of course, doesn’t care if we watch it or not. It will keep on being beautiful, even if no one bothers to look at it.” — Gene Amole
40. “Sunrise is the reminder that we can start a new beginning from anywhere.” — Rupal Asodaria
41. “Even the darkest night will end and the sun will rise.” —Victor Hugo, Les Miserables
42. “A faint blush below the horizon, as the first kiss from the Sun wakes the Earth from its slumber.” — Meeta Ahluwalia
43. “Every day a million miracles begin at sunrise.” —Eric Jerome Dickey Liar’s Game
44. “How glorious a greeting the sun gives the mountains.” —John Muir, The Mountains of California
45. “Nature unfolds her treasure at the first ray of sunrise.” — Kishore Bansal
46. “Each day is born with a sunrise.” — Suzy Kassem, “Heartwork”
Sunrise Quotes and Captions for Instagram
47. Wake up for the sunrise. Stay out for the moon.
48. I’m walking on sunshine.
49. Here comes the sun.
50. My favorite color is sunrise.
51. Sunrises are beautiful. The only drawback is they come at such an inconvenient time of day.
52. My favorite combo: sunrise and coffee.
53. I’ve got a pocket full of sunshine.
54. This sunrise really brightened my day.
Related: Quotes About Light
55. Rise then shine.
56. Sometimes it’s worth not pushing that snooze button.
57. Sunrises are better than Netflix.
58. Another day, another sunrise, another adventure.
59. Waking up with the sun.
60. I’d watch the sunrise more often if it happened at noon.
61. A sunrise is proof that the best things in life are free.
62. The key to a good life is to enjoy every sunset and look forward to every sunrise.
63. The sky was looking cute, so as a good friend, I snapped a pic of it.
64. Professional day dreamer.
65. The sun and I decided to rise to the occasion.
66. I stayed up all night to see where the sun went and it dawned on me.
67. I can’t decide if I like sunrises or sunsets better. They both have their ups and downs.
68. I’ve never seen a sunrise I didn’t like.
69. Someday, you will find the one who will watch every sunrise with you until the sunset of your life.
70. The most natural filter to exist.
Next, check out these inspirational nature quotes!