Pride 2022 was definitely one for the record books, but celebrating the LGBTQ+ community, recognizing the history of LGBTQ+ people, and acknowledging the challenges they have faced in the fight for equality, is a year-round endeavor. And what better way to raise awareness and have fun than to take a cute Pride selfie (with an equally cute caption) for Instagram?
You may find yourself celebrating Pride by dancing it up at your city’s Pride parade, sporting your fave rainbow merch, or participating in charity events. Whatever may be on your calendar for your first Pride or even 30th Pride, you’ll be ready to post on the ‘gram right away with our caption list.
Many LGBTQ+ folks find friendships and gain a sense of community through social media, where they can share memes, quotes, advice, and events as well as express their identity to others, so finding the right words to accompany your picture is *essential* to getting your message across.
More From Seventeen
We’ve got enough inspirational quotes, song lyrics, and funny captions to last you every day of the month. Whether you’re a member of the community or an enthusiastic ally, you’ll surely find something to go with that adorable couple pic you snapped on the streets or that twinning moment with your bestie. Go ahead — be your authentic self. No savage selfie left in the drafts! PS — while you’re at it, don’t forget to add your pronouns to your profile!
Up ahead, find our very best LGBTQ+ Pride Instagram captions that are so good they’ll work all year-round:
Funny Pride Month Captions
- Let me be perfectly queer.
- I didn’t choose to be gay, I just got lucky.
- I can’t even think straight.
- Oh dear. I’m queer!
- If you’re reading this, I’m gay.
- I put the bi in b*tch.
- My hair is the only straight thing about me.
- Born this gay.
- “Bi bi bi.” — Not *NSYNC
- I’d U-Haul with you.
- Come out, come out, wherever you are!
Inspirational Quotes for Pride Month Captions
- “Openness may not completely disarm prejudice, but it’s a good place to start.” —Jason Collins
- “What I preach is: People fall in love with people, not gender, not looks, not whatever. What I’m in love with exists on almost a spiritual level.” – Miley Cyrus
- “Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.” – Oscar Wilde
- “The single best thing about coming out of the closet is that nobody can insult you by telling you what you’ve just told them.” — Rachel Maddow
- “Love is never wrong.” — Melissa Etheridge
- “I am a strong, Black, lesbian woman. Every single time I say it, I feel so much better.” — Brittney Griner
- “I think being gay is a blessing, and it’s something I am thankful for every single day.” —Anderson Cooper
- “Gender and sexuality are so fluid. It’s OK to change your mind a million times and figure out what works for you. It’s OK to take your time.” — Amanda Stenberg
- “This world would be a whole lot better if we just made an effort to be less horrible to one another.” —Elliot Page
- “You get to be more than you have been in a very long time. You deserve everything you want.” —Becky Albertali Love, Simon
- “Love is love is love is love is love is love is love is love, cannot be killed or swept aside.” — Lin-Manuel Miranda
- “We are powerful because we have survived.” — Audre Lorde
- “For me, the transgender thing is the reality of my life. It’s the reality of my existence and it’s something that I’ve come to believe is beautiful about me.” ― Laverne Cox
- “I fell out of the womb and landed in my mother’s high heels.” ― Leslie Jordan
Song Lyrics Perfect for Pride Month Captions
- “I’m on the right track, baby, I was born this way.” — Lady Gaga, “Born This Way”
- “Girls like girls like boys do, nothing new.” — Hayley Kiyoko, “Girls Like Girls”
- “I do my hair toss. Check my nails. Baby how you feelin’? Feeling good as hell.” — Lizzo, “Good as Hell”
- “Say what you think. Love who you love. ‘Cause you just get so many trips ’round the sun.” — Kasey Musgraves, “Follow Your Arrow”
- “‘Cause shade never made anybody less gay.” — Taylor Swift, “You Need to Calm Down”
- “Girls love girls and boys, and love is not a choice.” — Panic! at the Disco, “Girls/Girls/Boys”
- “I see your true colors, and that’s why I love you.” — Cyndi Lauper, “True Colors”
- “Somewhere over the rainbow, skies are blue and the dreams that you dare to dream really do come true.” — Judy Garland, “Somewhere Over the Rainbow”
- I’m coming out. I want the world to know. Got to let it show.” — Diana Ross, “I’m Coming Out”
- “And I can’t change. Even if I tried. Even if I wanted to.” — Macklemore & Ryan Lewis (ft. Mary Lambert), “Same Love”
- “Gotta live my truth, don’t keep it bottled in, so I don’t lose my mind.” — Ariana Grande and Lady Gaga, “Rain On Me”
Short Pride Month Captions
- Rainbow vibes.
- Love wins.
- Got Pride?
- We’re coming out.
- Be who you are.
- Trans rights are human rights.
- Love is not a crime.
- Love out loud.
- Not gonna hide my pride.
- Living my truth.
- No freedom til we’re equal.
- Our rainbow runs deeper than you think.
- We march. We dance. We celebrate. We love.
Abby is an editorial assistant at Seventeen, covering pop culture, beauty, life, and health. When she’s not busy watching the latest true crime docuseries, you can find her strolling through Sephora, thrifting the perfect dress, or jogging with her pup.