It’s the weekend — but Comic-Con news remains for no on. We’ve got a jam-packed weekend edition of Under the Tentswith news on Z2 Comics, Factory Entertainment, KRS Comics, Martin Hsu, Val Hochberg, crocheted creations, and more.
Here’s a look at some of the news you might have missed:
- A recent article by Publishers Weekly revealed several interesting tidbits around the con, including that Drawn & Quarterly won’t be at the show floor this year (though they are sponsoring cartoonist Sophie Yanow). Dark Horse will also be skipping, though we’d heard that bit of news already. They also revealed Toei Animation will be in attendance, and that independent Z2 Comics will have an exciting presence, with the cast of Last Podcast on the Leftactor and comics writer David Dastmalchian, and Schitt’s Creek star Emily Hampshire.
- Myopia author Richard Dent will be at San Diego Comic-Con, signing autographs in the Sails Pavilion. But you can also stop by Dynamite Entertainment #M-12 in Small Press to pick up a FREE Myopia magnet, while supplies last. Here’s Dent’s signing schedule, at Sails Pavilion table AA20:
- Thursday, July 21 2:30pm-7pm
- Friday, July 22 2:30pm-7pm
- Saturday, July 23 2:30pm-7pm
- Sunday, July 24 1:30pm-5pm
- Here come the Men in Black…to San Diego Comic-Con, at Factory Entertainment’s booth. Factory let attendees know that if they swing by Booth #2743 during the con, they’ll be treated to a look at several new collectibles from the company, including new items for Men in Black.
- Ready your sharpies! KRS Comics will have lots of fan favorite artists and writers at their Booth #5537, including Ken Lashley, Stan Sakai, Mike Mayhew, Javan Jordan, Alex Cormack, and Will Jack. The exact schedule is still TBA.
- speaking of signings, TRVE KVLT artist Liana Kangas gave a look at her tentative SDCC schedule, which includes signings at Scout and IDW; convention exclusives, many of which are still to be revealed; and panels.
- Cyanide & Happiness, whose comics, books, games, and more you have undoubtedly seen somewhere on the ‘net, will be at Booth #1234 this year.
- Artist Genevieve Santos showed off a new print she’ll have at San Diego Comic-Con, for the KPop band Seventeen. Swing by Small Press #L-7 to pick it up, and leftover inventory will be available online after the con starting Monday, July 25 at 9AM PT.
- Martin Hsu gave us a look at one of three Ted Lasso and Cats pieces that he will be offering, with more information coming soon.
- If you were hoping to get a commission from artist Jeff Pina, we have some bad news. Pina won’t be offering commissions at San Diego Comic-Con, but with the sheer number of originals he’s bringing with him, there will be no shortage of great art to choose from.
- **WARNING: Stranger Things 4 Spoilers Ahead!** How amazing is Eddie Munson? Patrick Ballesteros has captured him in all his glory in what will be a very rad sticker for your D&D screen.
- The Butcher Queen comic from Red 5 Comics will be well represented at San Diego Comic-Con with an exclusive covers of #1 by artist Tim Bradstreet. Writer Jimmy Ousley and artist Benjamin Sawyer will be in attendance.
- Este roly-poly little Cthulhu will be yours for the taking if you can manage to find him during a “critter drop” by creator Morgan le Slay.
- While “Nifty Neuron” hasn’t yet revealed this year’s crochet drops for San Diego Comic-Con, they did hint that they’re incoming. You can view previous years’ crochet creations on their blog.
- Gays in spaaaaaaace. Kim Macharia, Chair of the Space Frontier Foundation, revealed on Twitter that there will be a “Gays In Actual Space” panel at SDCC this year.
- Gotta catch ’em all! Artist Val Hochberg showed off several new original art pieces for Eeveelution, which will be available at Small Press #N-12.
- NFT 80’s retro live-action comedy streaming series Cyberfist is heading to Booth #2000 this July.
- Abyssmal Entertainment, a multimedia company, will be at Booth #1901 at San Diego Comic-Con this year, where they’ll have a copy of Myths From the Abyssand their new documentary surviving supercon.
Anything we missed? Let us know in the comments, drop us a line, or tweet us at @SD_Comic_Con.
If you missed our previous Under the Tents 2022 posts, you can find them HERE.